Sunday 24 February 2008

Frogspawn

Amazing, a pile there yesterday morning, and added to last night. Earlier than I have ever had it, and all the fish are mooching on the surface of the pond!

Went to the plot this morning, put up a long cloche last weekend for 2 leftover plastic flimsey greenhouses,(It looks huge) so thought I would sow a few carrots under it at one end. (The bit I didn't manure!) So in went early Nantes, sprinkled on top with some compost.



The broad beans in the rootrainers sown on the 20th of last month, are now in. They went from the dining room window, to the poly, to the open coldframe, into the ground on the lottie today.



Also covered another bit of soil to put some early potatoes in.

In the poly, sowed this week a row of early peas, and today put some kelvedon Wonder into rootrainers.

Also today trying the instant coffee method of repelling slugs, 50g of instant coffee (had some mankey looking stuff in a jar) into 2 gallons (My watering can) of water.

Put it all over the poly beds, the proof will be when I start to plant up in a few weeks. Have to admit I am a bit sceptical.

Potted on some small shrubby bits I had taken cuttings from last year, (all from Mum's garden) And finally got around to repotting my poor lemon. It has needed it for a few years, just haven't managed to get around to it. The poor thing had so many weeds in it, I had to take it back to bare roots, and throw it's old soil in the bin.

The spinach and lettuce I sowed a few weeks back are coming up, and a few of the aubergines are out of the propagator, and are on the sunny windowsill. Nearly time to think tomatoes.

Which means, hurrah, Spring is just around the corner.

No comments: